Cathy Young, a Russian-Jewish-American writer is the author of Ceasefire!: Why Women and Men Must Join Forces to Achieve True Equality. As a colunmist, she writes on Newsday, Reason, The Forward, Time, The Daily Beast, etc.
Since Dylan Farrow has published her open letter, Cathy Young has written many articles to support Woody Allen’s innocence:
- Woody Allen’s Innocence Should Be A Feminism Cause – Forward, February 28, 2018 – …the recent debates suggest that the harsh judgment on Allen is less about facts than about the commandment of the #MeToo moment: “Thou shalt believe women.”
- Woody Allen, Feminism and “Believing the Survivor” – Time, February 12, 2014 – What about the fact that the charges were originally made during a bitter breakup and custody dispute between Allen and Dylan’s mother, Mia Farrow?
- I Don’t Believe Dylan Farrow – Forward, February 6, 2018 – On the anti-Allen side, there is the 1993 statement by Connecticut prosecutor Frank Maco that he had probable cause to charge Allen but chose to spare Dylan the trauma.
- Woody Allen: Predator or Victim ? – JVR, February 7, 2014 – In Allen’s case, the suspicions are facilitated by the fact that he was a 56-year-old man sleeping with his daughter’s stepsister.
- “Manhattan” revisited. The Woody Allen classic in the age of #MeToo – First of all: is the relationship between Ike and Tracy “problematic,” “creepy,” or “gross”?
Cathy Young has also a Personal Website.